Withdrawing funds by wire transfer
When it's time to withdraw your funds (either all, or a portion) you'll be enabled to wire-transfer money from your nWayPlay account wallet directly into your bank account. You can accomplish this by using the simple wire transfer form in your wallet section of your logged-in profile on nWayPlay.com.
Setting up the wire transfer
1. Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your bank account.
2. Enter your bank account number (you'll find this on the bottom of your checks).
3. Enter your bank's routing number (What is this?).
After the request is made a manual review/overview takes place. This, depending on current volume, will take between 1 and 4 days. Once completed the wire transfer process will go forward.*
*Bank wire transfers domestically can take between 3 and 5 business days to complete. Banks can be slow, but they are thorough, so if all info is correct, your money will arrive as promptly as possible.
The bank routing number refers to the specific branch office of the bank so we'll know which regional office your bank account is located. Simply put, your money goes into your account which we need to find by "routing" to the right branch.
3 Mistakes that can cause a transaction failure:
1. You send to the proper account for "Bob Dobbs" but you send to the wrong routing number. Example: The San Francisco branch instead of the Dallas branch and since there is no Bob Dobbs account in San Francisco, the withdrawal fails.
2. You get the correct branch number for the account and the routing number done correctly, but you typo the account number. Fail: the money will find the Dallas branch but no account for Bob Dobbs.
3. You double check your numbers and you input a name that doesn't match up with the registered account name. e.g., you write in Bob Dobbs, but when you set up your account at your bank, you made account name, Robert Dobbs III. Fail.
Note 1: All fields must match exactly or you risk a rerouting fee from your bank.
Note 2: At this time we are only doing wire transfers to US banks. International wire transfers with IBN numbers and swift codes will be in a future iteration.
Note 3: There are some financial institutions that are experiencing difficulties when receiving wire transfers. Below is a list of financial institutions (along with their routing number/IBAN/SWIFT code) that are affected:
Alloya Credit Union - All routing numbers
Bancorp Bank - 031101334
Bank of America N.A - 121000358
Bank of America N.A. NY - 026009593
BlueOx Credit Union - 272476776
Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union - 311990511
Central Bancompany - All routing numbers
Chime - 103100195
Choice Financial Group - 91302966
Evolve Bank & Trust - 084106768
Go2Bank - 124303120
Kerndt Brothers Bank - 73904696
Louisiana Corporate Credit Union - 265482382
RBC Bank (Georgia) - 63216608
Stride Bank, National Association - 103100195
TCF National Bank - 271972572
Varo Bank - 124303201
VIZO Financial Corp Credit Union - 231387550
Wells Fargo - 121000248
Important! I can't stress this strongly enough:
If any of the above is unclear and you’re not absolutely sure of any of the requirements, routing and account numbers, please call or visit your bank to get absolute clarity and confirmation or you risk a stiff fee/penalty from your bank of $50-$75 for a failed wire transfer. Or contact nWayPlay Customer Support for guidance. We have no way to check this for you - it is your responsibility.