Sometimes a request to make a withdrawal will fail at some point in the process. Here's what to do:
- KYC Fail: If you do not pass KYC, the first step, you'll need to re-do the KYC until you pass. You won't be able to proceed if you don't pass KYC. You will receive an email from our compliance team telling you what needs to be corrected - and clearing you for s second try.
- Review Rejected. If you don't pass the withdrawal review phase, you will need to re-submit the withdrawal request after completing / fixing the requests based on the review and feedback that puts you at risk.
- This could be erroneous information, blurry photo, cut-off document photos, or risky activity. (e.g., name on bank account mismatched from KYC, etc...).
- This will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Withdrawal Reversal. If we receive a withdrawal reversal, the bank fees will be taken out from your wallet account and the remaining funds will be credited back to their account.
- A new withdrawal request will need to be re-submitted. During the next review process, the reviewer will need to check the new information prior to approving the withdrawal request to prevent the withdrawal from being reversed again.
Please see the article on Wire transfers and what can make them fail.